'wrc' weirdness

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 04:20:03 CDT 2022

> Am 15.07.2022 um 18:49 schrieb Gisle Vanem <gvanem at online.no>:
>
> 'm just playing with Wine for the time being. To see
> what it could offer for Win users.

Fwiw Wine doesn't primarily target Windows users. While we don't object to adding things that makes our code useful on Windows, there are other projects that are more focused on this use case and probably a better fit:

*) Mingw to provide build tools: https://www.mingw-w64.org/
Wine and Mingw share some things, most notably header files.

*) winevdm: https://github.com/otya128/winevdm
Uses parts of Wine plus a CPU emulator to run 16 bit Windows applications on 64 bit Windows

We do share knowledge across related projects. More code sharing is generally welcome, although we found in the past that our goals differ enough that the drawbacks of keeping code and processes in sync outweigh the benefit.