Having problems (re-)building i686 wine staging rpm's on fedora

Zebediah Figura zfigura at codeweavers.com
Sun Jun 12 13:13:14 CDT 2022

Hello Hin-Tak,

On 6/11/22 18:35, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -c -o dlls/windowscodecs/libjpeg.cross.o dlls/windowscodecs/libjpeg.c -Idlls/windowscodecs -Iinclude -Iinclude/msvcrt \
>    -I/usr/include -I./libs/png -D__WINESRC__ -D_UCRT -D__WINE_PE_BUILD -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing \
>    -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Winit-self \
>    -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wshift-overflow=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wtype-limits \
>    -Wunused-but-set-parameter -Wvla -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wlogical-op -Wabsolute-value \
>    -fno-omit-frame-pointer -gdwarf-4 -g -O2
> In file included from include/objbase.h:20,
>                   from dlls/windowscodecs/libjpeg.c:31:
> include/rpcndr.h:73:23: error: conflicting types for 'boolean'; have 'unsigned char'
>     73 | typedef unsigned char boolean;
>        |                       ^~~~~~~
> In file included from /usr/include/jpeglib.h:31,
>                   from dlls/windowscodecs/libjpeg.c:24:
> /usr/include/jmorecfg.h:207:13: note: previous declaration of 'boolean' with type 'boolean' {aka 'int'}
>    207 | typedef int boolean;
> dlls/windowscodecs/libjpeg.c: In function 'jpeg_decoder_initialize':
This should be prevented by HAVE_BOOLEAN, defined in jconfig.h for win32
targets. It seems that the host libjpeg headers are being included instead.

I have some guesses as to how this happened, but I'm not fully sure. Can
you please attach your config.log?

> A few questions/thoughts:
>
> - it seems that the build system is getting confused occasionally about say, native headers vs mingw headers like jpeg-devel; at some point, I got a error saying I was trying to build one of the unixlib.c's with mingw headers, for example. But I see for example that in the generated Makefile for  dlls/windowscodecs/ ,  It is feeding *PE_FLAGS to unixlib.c (plus the PE stub), and I explicitly put -I...mingw32/include to *PE_FLAGS.  That seems wrong.

There's no unixlib.c in windowscodecs. Are you referring to a different DLL?

What error did you get?