How to identify the primary battery (for Wine)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:26:23 CDT 2022

> Am 14.06.2022 um 18:17 schrieb Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com>:
>
> We would really need to test this
> API on Windows on a laptop with two batteries to see whether Windows
> aggregates the batteries or just reports the charge of the first one.

I sort of have one like that, but I am not sure if I still have the batteries. It is a 2003 Acer Travelmate 800, and it had a main battery and the CD drive was replaceable with a secondary battery. I used to have both batteries, but I think I disposed of them after they were unable to hold any charge at all.

Plus, the laptop came with Windows XP; I once had Windows 7 running on it though. And it is in my home in Vienna, and I won't get there any time soon.

The Windows battery tray showed one aggregate of both batteries, but when clicking on it it would you could see the state of both batteries separately.

(I took Linux-pm out of CC for my reply because it is Wine/Windows specific)