Questions about whether Wine will participate in GSoC in 2022.

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:06:09 CDT 2022

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 at 22:11, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 5:00 AM Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   - There is considerable divergence between the interests of Google
>> and those of the Free Software community.
>
> If we're going to exclude Google Summer of Code for that reason, I'd argue we shouldn't participate in the ISCAS Open Source Promotion Plan either.

As far as I'm aware there hasn't been an active decision not to
participate in Google Summer of Code, but I imagine these
considerations do play a role into how much effort/enthusiasm various
people are willing to put into it. And ultimately what you need for
these things to be successful is enough people feeling it's worth
their effort.