Envisioned Gitlab workflow

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue May 3 12:56:47 CDT 2022

Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at orange.fr> writes:

>>    9. Once a merge request has been approved by all reviewers, I'll
>>       merge it into my tree, do a full testbot run to make sure it
>>       doesn't break anything, then push the results and mark the merge
>>       request as 'merged'.
>
> question:
>
> - if mr is sent on day D
>
> - approval by maintainer on day D+1
>
> - merge approved in Wine tree day D+2
>

> there can obviously be new commits applies on wine master tree on days
> D and D+1 (and also D+2 before merge approval)
>
> who's in charge of rebasing in gitlab?
>
> - author of MR
>
> - maintainer (when validating at D+1)
>
> - Alexandre when applying...
>
> that's not 100% clear to be

As long as it rebases cleanly, there's nothing to do, I'll rebase when
applying. It's not necessary to rebase the MR in gitlab after every
commit round.

If there are conflicts, then it would be up to the author to rebase and
push an updated MR. In that case the MR should be reassigned to the
author.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org