TestBot News

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Sat May 7 18:51:59 CDT 2022

On Sat, 7 May 2022, Zebediah Figura (she/her) wrote:
[...]
> > There's also all the timing issues in sound, locking (timeout aspects)
> > and timer tests.
>
> Hmm, I guess that means we should let anything that calls timeBeginPeriod()
> run by itself. In practice that only seems to be winmm:timer and
> mmdevapi:spatialaudio? Maybe you're referring to something else I'm missing?

mmdevapi:capture and mmdevapi:render have timing issues too. But there
are also a number of places where we wait for something for a short time
and may get a timeout due to the system being busy.

[...]
> Hmm. Of the eight tests mentioned there, two are related to installers, and
> four are related to... hitting the internet data cap?

The data cap is typically 10 GB and I set it when I'm done configuring
the VM. So the tests shouldn't hit the cap.

[...]
> By number of test units, I think there's a lot that can be parallelized. That
> might not translate to time, though. Unfortunately the longest-running tests
> fall mostly in the exceptions listed above (msi, d3d, user32...), so maybe it
> won't help much.

Based on somewhat old data, we have about 700 test units,
 160 of which take more than 1 second,
 110 of which take more than 2 seconds,
  70 of which take more than 5 seconds,
  45 of which take more than 10 seconds,
  30 of which take more than 20 seconds,
  10 of which take more than 50 seconds.

The repartition probably did not change too much.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>