Would implementing UMDF support be useful (or even viable)?

Mark N mark at nakmail.net
Sun May 15 17:20:14 CDT 2022

Hello, I was reading about the Windows User Mode Device Framework (aka
UMDF) and I was  interested in possibly working on adding support for UMDF
drivers in Wine. I think there are Windows drivers out there that run
entirely in usermode (e.g. some USB drivers) which could be successfully
ported to Linux this way.

However I'm still new to Wine so I thought I'd ask - has anybody else ever
explored doing this? Would this sort of thing be a good fit for Wine in
general?

Thanks!
Mark N