Gitlab experiment status

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed May 25 13:56:24 CDT 2022

Rémi Bernon <rbernon at codeweavers.com> writes:

> More precisely, the rough edges are a bit related to the current patch
> submission process, and I think they could be smoothed out if Gitlab
> was the preferred development platform:
>
> * The sign-off requirement makes it a bit more painful to create MR
>   than it could be. There's git rebase --sign-off, but it's a bit
>  inconvenient to script. As other have mentioned already, reviewer
> information is also not included in commits anymore, which feels like
> a loss.

The current idea is to use git notes to propagate that information from
Gitlab, to avoid having to rewrite MR commits. There's an experimental
refs/notes/commits branch on the main gitlab tree that you can pull if
you'd like to see what it looks like. If this works out we could
potentially use it for the original author signoff as well.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org