wineboot - minor internal documentation fixes
wine-patches at sun.consumer.org.il
Tue Jan 14 10:47:21 CST 2003
Shachar Shemesh <winecode at sun.consumer.org.il>
* Added listing of what the boot process is like, listing what is
and what is not (yet) done.
* Fixed incorrect statement in the "bugs" list.
* Added trace when everything is done.
-------------- next part --------------
RCS file: /home/sun/sources/cvs/wine/programs/wineboot/wineboot.c,v
retrieving revision 1.4
diff -u -r1.4 wineboot.c
--- programs/wineboot/wineboot.c 11 Jan 2003 22:50:15 -0000 1.4
+++ programs/wineboot/wineboot.c 13 Jan 2003 18:08:46 -0000
@@ -16,9 +16,35 @@
* License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
- * - If a pending rename registry does not start with \??\, the first four
- * chars are still going to be skipped.
+/* Wine "bootup" handler application
+ * This app handles the various "hooks" windows allows for applications to perform
+ * as part of the bootstrap process. Theses are roughly devided into three types.
+ * Knowledge base articles that explain this are 137367, 179365, 232487 and 232509.
+ * The operations performed are (by order of execution):
+ * Preboot (prior to fully loading the Windows kernel):
+ * - wininit.exe (rename operations left in wininit.ini - Win 9x only)
+ * - PendingRenameOperations (rename operations left in the registry - Win NT+ only)
+ * Startup (before the user logs in)
+ * - Services (NT, ?semi-synchronous?, not implemented yet)
+ * - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce (9x, asynch, not inmplemented)
+ * - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices (9x, asynch, no imp)
+ * After log in
+ * - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce (all, synch, no imp)
+ * - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (all, asynch, no imp)
+ * - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (all, asynch, no imp)
+ * - Startup folders (all, ?asynch?, no imp)
+ * - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce (all, asynch, no imp)
+ * Somewhere in there is processing the RunOnceEx entries (also no imp)
+ * Bugs:
+ * - If a pending rename registry does not start with \??\ the entry is
+ * processed anyways. I'm not sure that is the Windows behaviour.
* - Need to check what is the windows behaviour when trying to delete files
* and directories that are read-only
* - In the pending rename registry processing - there are no traces of the files
@@ -339,6 +365,8 @@
/* Perform the operations by order, stopping if one fails */
+ WINE_TRACE("Operation done\n");
More information about the wine-patches