Some spelling fixes and doc update
fgouget at free.fr
Wed Oct 8 08:24:02 CDT 2003
Some spelling fixes.
We also generate text format documentation.
The Wine Packaging guide is intentionally in text format.
RCS file: /home/cvs/wine/dlls/gdi/wing.c,v
retrieving revision 1.12
diff -u -r1.12 wing.c
--- dlls/gdi/wing.c 1 Oct 2003 03:20:21 -0000 1.12
+++ dlls/gdi/wing.c 1 Oct 2003 10:03:37 -0000
@@ -39,8 +39,8 @@
* This initial approach could not compete with the performance of Dos games
* (such as Doom and Warcraft) at the time, and so this dll was eventually
- * superceeded by DirectX. It should not be used by new applications, and is
- * provided only for compatability with older Windows programs.
+ * superseded by DirectX. It should not be used by new applications, and is
+ * provided only for compatibility with older Windows programs.
typedef enum WING_DITHER_TYPE
RCS file: /home/cvs/wine/dlls/wininet/netconnection.c,v
retrieving revision 1.4
diff -u -r1.4 netconnection.c
--- dlls/wininet/netconnection.c 22 Sep 2003 21:15:34 -0000 1.4
+++ dlls/wininet/netconnection.c 2 Oct 2003 00:17:12 -0000
@@ -327,7 +327,7 @@
* Basically calls 'recv()' unless we should use SSL
- * number of chars receieved is put in *recvd
+ * number of chars received is put in *recvd
BOOL NETCON_recv(WININET_NETCONNECTION *connection, void *buf, size_t len, int flags,
int *recvd /* out */)
RCS file: /home/cvs/wine/documentation/documentation.sgml,v
retrieving revision 1.14
diff -u -r1.14 documentation.sgml
--- documentation/documentation.sgml 24 Sep 2003 05:11:51 -0000 1.14
+++ documentation/documentation.sgml 8 Oct 2003 12:19:33 -0000
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@
- This chapter describes how you can help improve Wines documentation.
+ This chapter describes how you can help improve Wine's documentation.
@@ -19,7 +19,7 @@
a successful experience in installing, setting up and using software. Because Wine is a
complicated, evolving entity, providing quality up to date documentation is vital to
encourage more people to persevere with using and contributing to the project.
- The following sections describe in detail how to go about adding to or updating Wines
+ The following sections describe in detail how to go about adding to or updating Wine's
@@ -60,8 +60,10 @@
- The <emphasis>Wine Packagers Guide</emphasis>. This book contains information for
- anyone who will be distributing Wine to end users in a prepackaged format.
+ The <emphasis>Wine Packager's Guide</emphasis>. This book contains
+ information for anyone who will be distributing Wine to end users
+ in a prepackaged format. It is also the exception to the rule as
+ it has intentionally been kept in text format.
@@ -139,7 +141,7 @@
Additional notes such as interaction with other parts of the system, differences
- between Wines implementation and Win32s, errors in MSDN documentation,
+ between Wine's implementation and Win32s, errors in MSDN documentation,
undocumented cases and bugs that Wine corrects or is compatible with.
@@ -571,7 +573,7 @@
- An easier way is to use Wines build system. To create man pages for a given
+ An easier way is to use Wine's build system. To create man pages for a given
dll, just type <command>make man</command> from within the dlls directory
or type <command>make manpages</command> in the root directory of the Wine
source tree. You can then check that a man page was generated for your function,
@@ -621,8 +623,8 @@
The simple answer to that is that SGML allows you
to create multiple formats of a given document from a single
- source. Currently it is used to create HTML, PDF and PS
- (PostScript) versions of the Wine books.
+ source. Currently it is used to create HTML, PDF, PS
+ (PostScript) and Text versions of the Wine books.
@@ -746,7 +748,7 @@
<title>SGML on Debian</title>
- This is not a definitive listing yet, but it seems
+ This is not a definitive list yet, but it seems
you might need the following packages:
@@ -927,8 +929,8 @@
example, it doesn't make sense to put a <sgmltag
class="starttag">book</sgmltag> element inside a <sgmltag
class="starttag">para</sgmltag> paragraph element -- only
- the reverse.
+ the reverse makes sense.
The DTD thus defines the legal structure of the document.
Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr http://fgouget.free.fr/
Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95
More information about the wine-patches