tlhelp32 problem

André Johansen andrejoh at
Sat May 22 15:47:18 CDT 2004

* Eric Pouech (Sun, 16 May 2004 08:20:01 +0200) wrote:
| André Johansen a écrit :
| > Hi!
| > While trying to get Anarchy Online working with Wine, I discovered
| > that dynamically getting symbols from the running program does not
| > work properly in Wine.
| what doesn't work is that toolhelp (in wine) doesn't properly set the
| szModule of the MODULEENTRY structure. But, since the rest of the
| fields are correctly set, this explains why your test work when you
| remove the test on the module ending with ".dll". If you'd use
| szExePath field instead of the szModule one, it'd work too.
| I'll a fix later on for setting the szModule field.

I've implemented a solution for the problem, please review carefully
as I don't know Wine nor Win32 too well!

It might be overly complex, but I don't quite know the constant sizes
or whether or not the executable path always has to contain a
delimiter, so I've played the safe game.

I've also changed some of the other fields; according to MSDN:
* th32ModuleID should be 1
* GlblcntUsage and ProccntUsage should be 0xFFFF

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: wine-toolhelp-module.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1756 bytes
Desc: Fix module name
Url :
-------------- next part --------------

Try   Anarchy  Online
Netiquette guidelines
How to quote properly
Hvordan sitere riktig

More information about the wine-patches mailing list