[2/4] WineD3D: Set up the shaders when delaying fixed func applying
stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Dec 11 04:53:13 CST 2008
I skipped the original 2/5 patch because I found a last minute bug in it. It
should not affect the other patches though.
Just fyi, this is my roadmap for cleaning up the fog mess this patch is
1) Get rid of the GL_EXT_fog_coord-is-not-supported fallback and fake the GL
2) Remove the different pixel shader fog start and end optimization(and
probably reintroduce it in a cleaner way once the state_fog function is
3) Separate the current fog state block into
fogenable+fogvertexmode+fogtablemode and fogstart-fogend
4) Move the separated fog states into the fragment pipeline(since GLSL and
ARBfp override fog)
5) Put the fog mode into the ps_compile_args structure to generate shaders
that can disable fog properly and support exponential fog
6) Find some way to deal with glFogi(GL_FOG_COORDINATE_SOURCE_EXT, ...).
That part still belongs into the vertex pipe I think.
7) the optimization removed in (2) is only needed for GLSL. We can easilly
reintroduce it once we have a full GLSL pipeline because then the fog start
and end stays independent of the pixel shader.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 0 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/attachments/20081211/bc7bbad8/attachment.bin
More information about the wine-patches