[1/2] winemenubuilder: decouple opening a Windows icon from generating the native icon
damjan.jov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 12:42:18 CDT 2010
* winemenubuilder: decouple opening a Windows icon from generating the
winemenubuilder's icon generation has a number of problems:
* It is rigidly focused towards writing a single icon. XDG allows us
to write multiple (16x16, 32x32, 48x48 and other) icons so the best
one can be used. Apple's ICNS also allows different icon sizes.
* The codepath for generating an icon does everything in one shot,
requiring eg. the search for the best quality icon to be done in 2
separate places. Each different icon source has to do all the work of
extracting and converting the icon.
* PNG works but other formats like ICNS are hard to add.
* Icons are generated early even though they are only needed much later.
* Icon generation is single output file based making it hard to
generate multiple icons and do different things with them on XDG and
So this patch set and future patches will do the following:
* Decouple opening a Windows icon from writing the native icon based on it
* Make an icon an IStream, not a destination file
* Centralize icon writing in one place
* Use all the icons in a module icon resource
* Clean up and simplify the code
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13783 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the wine-patches