[PATCH] README: updated Linux and FreeBSD kernels
marcus at jet.franken.de
Wed Feb 22 03:04:45 CST 2012
README | 13 ++++++-------
1 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README b/README
index baa6ab3..0cbb047 100644
@@ -29,7 +29,7 @@ especially the wealth of information found at http://www.winehq.org.
To compile and run Wine, you must have one of the following:
Linux version 2.0.36 or above
- FreeBSD 6.3 or later
+ FreeBSD 8.0 or later
Solaris x86 9 or later
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
@@ -39,14 +39,13 @@ systems mentioned above are supported. Other operating systems which
support kernel threads may be supported in the future.
- While Linux 2.2.x should still work and Linux 2.0.x may still work
- (older 2.0.x versions had thread-related crashes),
- it's best to have a current kernel such as 2.4.x or 2.6.x.
+ While Linux 2.4.x and 2.2.x should still work and Linux 2.0.x may
+ still work (older 2.0.x versions had thread-related crashes), it's
+ best to have a current kernel such as 2.6.x or 3.x.
- Wine will generally not work properly on versions before FreeBSD
- 6.3 or 7.0, and FreeBSD 6.3 has additional patches available. See
- http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine for more information.
+ Wine will generally not work properly on versions before FreeBSD 8.0.
+ See http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine for more information.
You will most likely need to build Wine with the GNU toolchain
More information about the wine-patches