[PATCH] gdi32: Adjust a fixed-pitch full-width character has double advance of a half-width character. (try 5)
sagawa.aki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:22:59 CST 2013
This patch enhances full-width character glyph advance when we choose
Windows 2000 (or XP for Japanese) and later adjust fixed-pitch
full-width character glyph advances so that two half-width characters'
advance equals to one full-width character's advance. Because CJK
fixed-pitch font, such as MS Gothic, is designed as full-width character
(e.g. Kanji) has a double advance of half-width character (e.g. ASCII)
and many developpers expect that.
Please refer Microsoft document KB 417434  and white paper  for
 ... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/417434/ja (written in Japanese)
 ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/cc979401.aspx (written in Japanese)
- Add patch description above.
- Fix avgAdvance's rounding method. (as in get_outline_text_metrics)
- Refine a commit message, "Ensure" to "Adjust" and "double width" to
- Fix full-width character detection that causes test failure.
- Improve full-width character detection.
- Support fake italic transformation.
- Choose non-linked fonts in the test case.
- Add more trace messages.
- Add rotated transformation tests.
dlls/gdi32/freetype.c | 37 ++++++++++++++++++--
dlls/gdi32/tests/font.c | 87 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2 files changed, 121 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7442 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the wine-patches