[PATCH 6/6] regsvr32: Remove usage section and update comments
hugh.mcmaster at outlook.com
Sun Jun 7 06:13:59 CDT 2015
programs/regsvr32/regsvr32.c | 35 ++++++++++++-----------------------
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
diff --git a/programs/regsvr32/regsvr32.c b/programs/regsvr32/regsvr32.c
index 6d1f957..7f9134a 100644
@@ -4,6 +4,7 @@
* Copyright 2001 ReactOS project
* Copyright 2001 Jurgen Van Gael [jurgen.vangael at student.kuleuven.ac.be]
* Copyright 2002 Andriy Palamarchuk
+ * Copyright 2014-2015 Hugh McMaster
* This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
@@ -23,29 +24,6 @@
* windows version.
- * regsvr32 [/u] [/s] [/n] [/i[:cmdline]] dllname ...
- * [/u] unregister server
- * [/s] silent (no message boxes)
- * [/i] Call DllInstall passing it an optional [cmdline];
- * when used with /u calls dll uninstall.
- * [/n] Do not call DllRegisterServer; this option must be used with [/i]
- * [/c] Console output (seems to be deprecated and ignored)
- * Note the complication that this version may be passed unix format file names
- * which might be mistaken for flags. Conveniently the Windows version
- * requires each flag to be separate (e.g. no /su ) and so we will simply
- * assume that anything longer than /. is a filename.
- * FIXME - currently receives command-line parameters in ASCII only and later
- * converts to Unicode. Ideally the function should have wWinMain entry point
- * and then work in Unicode only, but it seems Wine does not have necessary
- * support.
@@ -219,6 +197,17 @@ static int InstallDll(BOOL install, WCHAR *strDll, WCHAR *command_line)
+/* Note the complication that this version may be passed Unix format filenames
+ * which could be mistaken for flags. The Windows version conveniently
+ * requires each flag to be separate (e.g. no /su), so we will simply
+ * assume that anything longer than /. is a filename.
+ * This version deliberately differs in error handling compared to the
+ * Windows version.
+ * FIXME - This should ideally be a wWinMain entry point.
int wmain(int argc, WCHAR* argv)
More information about the wine-patches