[PATCH] regsvr32: Clean up and update comments to reflect changes to the codebase
hugh.mcmaster at outlook.com
Fri Jun 26 04:49:25 CDT 2015
programs/regsvr32/regsvr32.c | 37 ++++++++++---------------------------
1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)
diff --git a/programs/regsvr32/regsvr32.c b/programs/regsvr32/regsvr32.c
index c539095..fe43b30 100644
@@ -4,6 +4,7 @@
* Copyright 2001 ReactOS project
* Copyright 2001 Jurgen Van Gael [jurgen.vangael at student.kuleuven.ac.be]
* Copyright 2002 Andriy Palamarchuk
+ * Copyright 2014, 2015 Hugh McMaster
* This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
@@ -20,31 +21,7 @@
* Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA
* This version deliberately differs in error handling compared to the
- * windows version.
- * regsvr32 [/u] [/s] [/n] [/i[:cmdline]] dllname ...
- * [/u] unregister server
- * [/s] silent (no message boxes)
- * [/i] Call DllInstall passing it an optional [cmdline];
- * when used with /u calls dll uninstall.
- * [/n] Do not call DllRegisterServer; this option must be used with [/i]
- * [/c] Console output (seems to be deprecated and ignored)
- * Note the complication that this version may be passed unix format file names
- * which might be mistaken for flags. Conveniently the Windows version
- * requires each flag to be separate (e.g. no /su ) and so we will simply
- * assume that anything longer than /. is a filename.
- * FIXME - currently receives command-line parameters in ASCII only and later
- * converts to Unicode. Ideally the function should have wWinMain entry point
- * and then work in Unicode only, but it seems Wine does not have necessary
- * support.
+ * Windows version. */
@@ -119,7 +96,7 @@ static void __cdecl output_write(UINT id, ...)
* strDll - name of the dll.
* procName - name of the procedure to load from dll
- * pDllHanlde - output variable receives handle of the loaded dll.
+ * DllHandle - output variable that receives the handle of the loaded dll.
static VOID *LoadProc(const WCHAR* strDll, const char* procName, HMODULE* DllHandle)
@@ -241,6 +218,7 @@ static WCHAR *parse_command_line(WCHAR *command_line)
+/* FIXME - This should ideally be a wWinMain entry point. */
int wmain(int argc, WCHAR* argv)
@@ -257,6 +235,11 @@ int wmain(int argc, WCHAR* argv)
* the files (e.g. regsvr32 file1 /s file2 is silent even for file1).
* For ease, we will not replicate that and will process the arguments
* in order.
+ * Note the complication that this version may be passed Unix format filenames
+ * which could be mistaken for flags. The Windows version conveniently
+ * requires each flag to be separate (e.g. no /su), so we will simply
+ * assume that anything longer than /. is a filename.
for(i = 1; i < argc; i++)
@@ -304,7 +287,7 @@ int wmain(int argc, WCHAR* argv)
- /* Confirmed. The windows version does stop on the first error.*/
+ /* Confirmed. The Windows version stops on the first error. */
More information about the wine-patches