Scale model simulator test Aerofly pro from IPACS (de)

Ellianef Jean jellianef at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 13 04:07:03 CDT 2004

Hi,
Here is the test I did to get this rc simulator
working with wine:
Install win4lin
Install the simulator along with directx 8.0a under
win4lin.
As my distro is MDK 10 official, I created symlinks
from /var/lib/wine for the windows and Program Files
dirs pointing to the win4lin correspondig folders.
In win4lin the sim starts but runs at 2.5 frames per
second. With wine it runs at 250 frames per second.
Nice.
I just get some little problems about scren
resolution.
To fully use the sim I need to have 1024*768 but I can
only set the sim at 600*400 to see the full image on
the screen. If I set upper resolution 800*600 or
1024*768 the display is just magnified, but not
resized, ie a part of the scenery is outside the
visible window and without scroll available. I see
only the upper-left of the images.
Here are the messages displayed in the console from
where I started the sim:
[jm at localhost AeroFly Professional]$ wine afpro.exe
Please use the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the
"Resolution" entry in the confi
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot
change screen BPP from 16
to 32
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot
change screen BPP from 16
to 32
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot
change screen BPP from 16
to 32
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot
change screen BPP from 16
to 32
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot
change screen BPP from 16
to 32
err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Could not map sound device for
direct access (Input
/output error)
err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Use: "HardwareAcceleration" =
"Emulation" in the [d
sound] section of your config file.
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x10022] GetDC() without
ReleaseDC()!
fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 1024 outsize 1024
unimplemented stub
fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 1024 outsize 1024
unimplemented stub
err:comm:GetCommState tcgetattr or ioctl error
'Input/output error'
[...]
fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open

My machine:
P4 2.8, 512 megs ram, Nvidia geforce 5700,
kernel-multimedia-win4lin-2.6.7-1mm5mdk, win4lin 5.1
with 128 megs ram allowed,wine20040914-mdk

Are there unimplemented features or did I miss some
tweaks ?

I'm volunteer to continue testing since it's quite the
last thing  I use in the m$ world.
Many thanks.

J Ellianef.