shell32/brsfolder.c:225: Test failed: The new folder did not get the name foo

Michael Mc Donnell michael at mcdonnell.dk
Tue Oct 11 16:08:57 CDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> The buildbot noticed this failure on 64 bits with git today:
>
> brsfolder.c:225: Test failed: The new folder did not get the name foo
> brsfolder.c:232: Test failed: SHBrowseForFolder did not return the
> pidl for the new folder. Expected
> 'Z:\home\bob\wineslave.dir\sandbox\slave\runtests-default-x86_64\build\dlls\shell32\tests\test_click_make_new_folder_button\foo'
> got 'Z:\home\bob\wineslave.dir\sandbox\slave\runtests-default-x86_64\build\dlls\shell32\tests\test_click_make_new_folder_button\New
> Folder'

The test_click_make_new_folder_button test might be timing sensitive
because it simulates user input to a dialog via a timer. It presses a
button, selects text, inputs new folder name, and finally closes
dialog. I suspect that it might fail if the machine is heavily loaded
or the focus is lost to another program. That could result in the the
new folder name not being inputted, which would explain why the folder
does not get the new name.

I think one possible remedy would be to somehow pump the message queue
instead of using a timer. I'm not exactly sure how to do this, and I'm
unfortunately too busy with my thesis to look into this.

> This is the first time the buildbot has ever seen this failure, I think.
> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/shell32:brsfolder.html
> shows crashes for this test on NT, but no other failures.

I think this might be a separate issue because it seems to happen in
the test_selection. I didn't write this test, so I don't have a good
idea what might be the problem. That part was written by André
Hentschel so he might have a good idea (I've CC'ed him).