buildbot status

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Sep 20 15:42:05 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Stefan Dösinger
<stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ideally we want both. For now I think it doesn't matter too much, I'll use a
> virtual desktop on OSX for now.

Yeah, for now let's just get the couple lines for this into dotests.sh.

> In the long run we probably want a better way
> to provide the hardware(and room for the HW) than "Dan buys it".

I agree, if buildbot is useful for wine, and we want to depend
on it, it would be wise to not rely on my continued availability
to buy, host, and administer these boxes.

BTW I'm planning to order an intel i5 2500k system to test builtin
intel graphics next, but I'm waiting until buildbot is really
accepted as a useful part of wine infrastructure.  It's about
$600 to build one from parts.

> I thought a bit about KVM switches: We have a pretty advanced one in the lab
> at school that somehow works over the network and is attached to a projector,
> and I think some people use it for the use cases I considered unlikely
> yesterday. It is possible that this device fakes that a monitor is attached to
> all input ports. But if it does, and other devices like it exist I think that
> you can buy a lot of cheap monitors for the price of that KVM switch.

They do take up a bit of space, which is a minor problem in my home
office, at least for now.
- Dan