wine/problem with sound interference

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Apr 1 10:35:01 CDT 2001

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Rein Klazes wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 15:33:34 +0200, in comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
> Peter Petersen <pepe-despamit-99 at gmx.net> wrote:
>

> > >So perhaps you can tell us the exact version that broke socksifying?
> >
> > Haha.
> > How could I answer that?
> > That's my question! :)
>
> I'm afraid I can't offer you an easy answer. It appears that none of
> the wine-developers use runsocks, you seem to be in a better position
> to answer it.
>
> Try it out. Learn how to build wine from source. Old versions of wine
> are still on the net, or use cvs. If you do a binary search approach
> this shouldn't take too long.
>
> Knowing which version broke socksifying, so we can tell why and
> perhaps fix the problem (although the chances may not be so good).
>
> Rein.
> --
> Rein Klazes
> rklazes at casema.net

At a guess, might it be about here?  (from <wine>/ChangeLog):

Wed Oct 13 16:17:23 1999  Alexandre Julliard  <julliard at winehq.com>

	* server/Makefile.in, server/request.h, server/sock.c, server/trace.c, include/server.h, include/winsock.h:
	Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no>
	Added socket interface to wineserver.

Is there not a freely available linux sockets client you could use
instead of socksifying wine?  Seems I remember seeing one, but that is
in one of the moving gaps in my memory just now.

Lawson

<< Sardines of the world unite! <<
>> You have nothing to lose but your cans. >>
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.