counterstrike and wine -- sound problem

Joachim Schiffer gemoin at gmx.net
Sun Apr 1 12:23:10 CDT 2001

Hi,

I've managed to run counterstrike under wine, at 1024 with opengl (cool!
and it runs pretty fast!), but there is only sound at the menu. When i
start the game, there is no sound at all. When I get back to the menu
and click on the buttons, it sounds strange. If i restart wine, the
sound is OK again, until i start the game.

I'm running wine under Redhat 7, with KDE and Xfree86 Version 4.01a. I
use the Alsa-sound driver for my onboard Via686a soundchip, and the
newest nvidia driver for my riva tnt (asus 3400). Wine (Version
20010326) is standalone, with no windows installed.

I would be happy, if someone could give me a hint :-)

Btw, sorry for my bad English ;-)

Thanks in advance

Joachim