command.com/edit.com

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Apr 1 23:02:39 CDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) wrote:

> Hey all.
>
> I'm trying to do some win32 compilation under Wine, but I really need to
> get some form of console (and maybe dos edit, my favorite programmers
> editor :).
>
> Anyone tell me how I can either get these working, or get something siilar
> which DOES work under Wine?
>
> Regards,
> 	 Ender
>  _________________________ ______________________________
> |   James 'Ender' Brown   | Some call me '^E[a-z\'-]+$', |
> | http://www.enderboi.com | but I have many names...     |
> +-------------------------+------------------------------+

I doubt dos edit will work, but whatever is seriously broken in console
is broken in builtin msvcrt, so if you have a native msvcrt.dll (ugh)
try --dll msvcrt=n or
[DllOverrides]
"msvcrt"   = "native"

We will take a look at msvcrt.  Ours should always be better than
theirs, but **** happens.

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!