counterstrike and wine -- sound problem

Joachim Schiffer gemoin at gmx.net
Mon Apr 2 12:33:03 CDT 2001

Alexander Gretencord wrote:

> Wine will compile without problems with opengl for me as I got all the
> headers i need in the right places ...

Hm, i copied the header files, too (glext.h, etc). But it didn't compile with opengl,
although ./configure found the header files. Only after installing the mesa drivers
and the nvidia driver (which replaced some files), opengl worked in wine...

> What does fine mean ? How many frames ? I get around 15 frames in the third
> viewmode (where you see your car form behind)

I didn't switch the viewmode and have about 160-170 frames/s while i'm driving.
I think the first thing you should do, is try to get opengl work properly under linux.
Eventually the mesa driver would solve this problem?! I don't know...

> It doesnt matter what I choose there, dga on or off ... all the same

When i turn dga on, hl doesn't work... Only a "Console Button" appears
and the whole machine hangs.

> So you installed HalfLife in wine not taking a former windows installation ?

Yep. Wineinstall made an initial registry in /root/.wine/ , then i installed directx 7.1 a,
halflife from cd, the patches and cstrike.

Do you have a Riva TNT Card, too?
I wonder, because you said, that you could use the glide driver (3dfx minidriver) in HL...

> Alex

Joachim