wine doesn't read ~/.wine/config

Juerg Tschirren juerg-tschirren at uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 2 12:49:12 CDT 2001

I got Wine  release 20010326 from cvs and compiled and installed it with
./tools/wineinstall

  I did some changes in ~/.wine/config  (changed the path to my floppy
drive). But it seems that wine is not reading ~/.wine/config. It still
tries to reach the floppy drive through the old (wrong) path.

  There is no $HOME/.winerc and no /etc/wine.conf or
/etc/local/etc/wine.conf file on my system. And copying ~/.wine/config to
these locations didn't help either.

Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Juerg