command.com/edit.com

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Apr 2 22:58:37 CDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) wrote:

> I can't even get wcmd to run :p
>
> It dies with about 40 wine error 148 windows, leaving 40 log files
> reading:
>
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger (winedbg 134756592 48) (0)
> Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> Wine failed with return code 148

ERROR_PATH_BUSY doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, but then it
doesn't make a great deal of sense to me to try and do program
development or debugging with a third-party package of a development
software project, either.  Wine that you build from source doesn't just
tell you it failed with a return code, it barfs some error messages
right to stdout.  That return code stuff looks like winelauncher, which
some packages substitute for the wine binary as a wrapper.  I think some
early versions of this type were not able to run winelib programs out of
the box.  If you are lucky, maybe you can find the wine binary as
wine.bin.  The linux file command is handy to see what manner of file
a file really is.

file tools/winelauncher
tools/winelauncher: Bourne shell script text
file wine
wine: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

You might have wine as a Bourne shell script, and wine.bin as ELF.

Anyway, to run a winelib program, say wcmd, <path>/wcmd must be a
symbolic link to the wine binary, and the actual winelib program,
wcmd.so, must be in the same directory as the symcolic link.  Wine knows
if it is invoked as wcmd to go back to that directory and run the
winelib program wcmd.so.  if wine is actually a wrapper for wine.bin,
this might not work if the symbolic link points to wine, but it should
work if it points to wine.bin.  That will lose that pesky winelauncher
too (sorry, Jer! :-) at least for wcmd.  I am sorry, I like crude.  If
something is not going to work, I would rather it just crash and dump
core so I can read the dump and fix it.

> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x400f0030 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=01e7
>

> Regards,
> 	 Ender
>  _________________________ ______________________________
> |   James 'Ender' Brown   | Some call me '^E[a-z\'-]+$', |
> | http://www.enderboi.com | but I have many names...     |

wcmd is handy, and it should not be hard to get working.  Otherwise,
there is always dosemu.

Lawson

Constants aren't, and variables won't.
---cut here