MS Office with WINE

philippe briere briere at ensta.fr
Tue Apr 3 03:37:41 CDT 2001

Hi, there

I am a studying possibility of using wine in professional environment.
I installed codeweavers wine recently with success. But I fear the
answer is not an evident YES... With notepad, I have not acheived any
printing yet.

First goal would be running MS Office for win 98, especially Excel
(another vintage for better emulation if necessary).

What is your opinion ?

More precisely, what problems are there in MS Office apps emulation ? Is
there any kind of technical  synthesis available on the subject ?

Apart from that, is there any idea of the predictible date for a
professional usable release  ?

Thank you in advance for help.

Yours.

Philippe BRIERE