Problem with OpenGL

Toby Haynes thaynes at ca.ibm.com
Tue Apr 3 08:04:08 CDT 2001

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001, steve at nybbles.co.uk wrote:

> I'm using wine 20010326 to play Half Life. Works fine in software
> graphics mode, but not quite fast enough to be playable.
>
> In OpenGL mode, it runs at about 5 fps, and I get no textures. I have a
> Voodoo 3 3000 AGP. OpenGL works fine in native Linux (I get about 120 fps
> in the 'gears' program).
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get to the bottom
> of this?

Gears at 120 fps says software rendering to me - I get about 70fps on my PII400
without any 3D acceleration, and there is quite a lot of stuff going on in this
machine at the same time. Expect at least a five-to-ten fold increase in fps
when you get the hardware going.

Cheers,
Toby Haynes

--

Toby Haynes
The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own, and do