compiling with winelib

François Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Wed Apr 4 14:01:21 CDT 2001

gregorio piccoli wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:14:39 -0700, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Gouget
> <fgouget at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>

> >   Why did you want to statically link Winelib with your program?
>
> I want a single executable file.
> If it's not possible, there is a way to build my program not as a
> shared lib that is called by the "wine" startup program?

   AFAIK, you cannot do that either. But why do you want a single
executable? You'll have separate registry files, a configuration file,
... to distribute anyway. So it's just a matter of packaging.
   If what you want is to make sure that your executable uses your
version of wine then just use a script to start it and set WINEPREFIX to
where your wine is.

--
François Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com