Wine and WinNT wine.conf dumb question

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 23:24:53 CDT 2001

>Hi,
>
>I've just installed Wine 20010305 on a box with SuSE 7.1 (kernel 2.4.2) and
>Win NT4.0.  I previously ran wine with no problems under SuSE 7.0.  Now when
>I try to start wine I get the error:
>
>Invalid path 'C:\winnt' for windows directory: does not exist.
>
>This is using the same wine.conf file as before.  Here are the relevant
>lines from the wine.conf file:
>
>[Drive C]
>"Type" = "hd"
>"Path" = "/windows/c"
>"Label" = "/windows/c"
>"FS" = "win95"
>
>[wine]
>"Windows" = "C:\\winnt"
>"System" = "C:\\winnt\\system"
>"Path" = "C:\\winnt;C:\\winnt\\system;E:\\;X:\\;Y:\\"
>"Profile" = "C:\\winnt\\Profiles\\Default User"
>
>The relevant line in the fstab is:
>
>/dev/hda1    /windows/c    ntfs    rw,user,umask=0000 0 0
>
>I can cd to /windows/c/winnt and ls the contents with no problem.  Does
>anyone have any suggestions.  I have tried running wineinstall and wineconf
>with no luck, but Winesetuptk finds my windows directories and agrees with
>what I have above.
>
>Any help greatly appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark

Wow... this seems like a wierd problem... frankly, I don't think it's a dumb
question, because this is perplexing... by all of your configs, everything
should be working... in truth, this is something that I don't think I could fix
unless I was at the control stick and able to poke at things until I see what's
up...  but, in an effort to help you in a situation where I can't:

  Could you post a direct tail of the output from wine?
  post a bit more from your wine.conf
  post your full fstab, and the output from mount, just so we can look at it.
(hopefully your fstab isn't 800 lines...)

Daniel "Krach" Foesch