Sorry for asking

Eduardo Suárez eduardo at dsc.ulpgc.es
Thu Apr 5 21:19:53 CDT 2001

Hi all

I'm new to wine and to this group. I have already tried to find the
answer to my question on http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs (developers
guide) and other messages of this group (via http://groups.google.com),
but i have no succeed.

Or maybe I'm too stupid to make wine to work. I'm trying to install
Half-life, and this is what i get:

$ /usr/local/bin/wine SETUP.EXE
Warning: /usr/local/bin/wine not accessible from a DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/wine not accessible from a DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg.exe not accessible from a DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg not accessible from a DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 144625304.exe not accessible from a DOS
drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 144625304 not accessible from a DOS
drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 144625304 48.exe not accessible from a
DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 144625304 48 not accessible from a DOS
drive
err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger
(/usr/local/bin/winedbg 144625304 48) (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x40104e28 wait
timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=0117

I have tried to work out what's wrong and i have compiled with several
wine versions. This one was download from CVS on april 5th.

I'm afraid this is a common and stupid question, but i'm stalled and
starting to get crazy.

Any sugestion will be wonderful.
Thanks in advance.
-Eduardo