Wine and WinNT wine.conf dumb question

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Fri Apr 6 16:59:09 CDT 2001

(simultaniously being sent to two people)

Wow... looks like a total mystery... but then I hit upon the key.  You're both
mounting a ntfs drive, and trying to use this for wine.  Wine expects to have
full access to the windows directory (I'm willing to bet) and you don't have
NTFS write-ability in (I'm willing to bet, since it's labeled as dangerous in
the kernel config)

My best suggestion to both of you would be to make a fake C windows drive on a
Linux-only partition, make it copy NT if you want, shouldn't matter all that
much.  Then make that your C drive, with your NTFS mounts as say D, and E...
then you should be able to run your programs, but still have a read-write
C:\WINNT directory

Daniel "Krach" Foesch