Borland C++-5.5 (free) compiler does not install(?)

Charlie Gibbs cgibbs at sky.bus.com
Fri Apr 6 20:26:24 CDT 2001

In article <3acd9687.32055 at news.freesbee.fr> g.patel at wanadoo.fr
(g.patel) writes:

>On 05 Apr 01 12:59:17 -0800, "Charlie Gibbs" <cgibbs at sky.bus.com>
>wrote:
><snip>
>> It's the linker
>>(ILINK32.EXE) that hangs.  I've run many tests with both BCB4 and
>>the version 5 free download.  Too bad - I'd love to get it running
>>under Wine myself.
>
>The following hack is fixing Bcb4. I don't know about bcc5.

<snip>

Bless you.  It's a good thing you're that far away, or I'd climb
right through the phone line and kiss you.  The patch works for
both BCB4 and BCB5.  I compiled a couple of my programs under Wine
(including a private library into which I compiled half a dozen
other modules, also under Wine) and they work just fine.  With the
exception of the few bytes that always change when I recompile a
program unchanged (object file date stamps, perhaps?), the BCB4
versions are bit-for-bit identical with the ones that were compiled
by the BCB4 development system on my Win98 box.

Looks like I can now build Windows programs under Wine (at least
under the 20010216 version).  Thanks again!

--
cgibbs at sky.bus.com (Charlie Gibbs)
Remove the first period after the "at" sign to reply.