Error Message

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Apr 7 13:46:31 CDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, root wrote:

> Hi there, I'm relatively new to linux and very new to Wine.  When I
> execute the command "wine sol.exe" I get the following message;
>
> "err:module: BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for buitin
> wprocs.dll: symbol __sysconf , version GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file
> libc.so.6 with link time reference
> err: int: INT_GetPHHandler could not load wprocs.dll
> err:seh: Unhandled Exception Filter Couldn't start debugger
> (debugger/winedbg 13673292840) (2)"
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what this means
> and how it can be remedied,
> Thanks a bunch,
> And have a great day,
> Justin Paquette

It means you were not paying attention when you picked a wine package to
install, and you picked one that needs a version of glibc you do not
have on your linux system.  Either pay better attention when you pick
your bottled wine, or brew it yourself from the source.

I don't have glibc-2.2 either:

ls -l /lib/libc.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           13 Feb  3 01:50 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.1.3.so

but you are getting this letter by way of

wine --version
Wine release 20010326

I build it myself.  It is not hard.  just get the source and read the
README.

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!