openGL problem ?

Lionel Ulmer bbrox at bbrox.org
Sat Apr 7 21:34:38 CDT 2001

On Sat, 07 Apr 2001 23:31:14 +0200, mmor0931
<morzynski at stanton.bmd.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>I started SolidWorks (3D CAD program) with wine.
>As soon as I go from 2D sketch to 3D solid the
>screen is becoming black. One can see some
>lines as it is rotated. The same is for wireframe
>and rendered solids. 2D works very good. What
>can be the reason ? (SW is openGL based)

This is a current problem in Wine... The OpenGL mode mostly only work with
single-screen applications (ie games) and NOT with CAD like 'top / left /
front' windows.

To support this would be quite a lot of work to do, so I do not think it
will happen soon.

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/