sfbol error

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 8 11:41:46 CDT 2001

On Sun, 08 Apr 2001 10:54:21 +0000, Kirk Spencer <kspencer at ngrl.org>
wrote:

>The program puts up a small window with "Invalid Picture" in it.
>
>Some questions - what is stub, and what's the difference between 'stub'
>and 'stub!'?

A stub is an unimplemented Api, replaced in this case by a do-nothing
function. There is no difference (I would love to know why programmers
add exclamation marks after some messages :-/)

>Am I looking for a misplaced file from the installation of this program,
>or am I looking for changes to Wine to handle the existing files?

You can't run this app with only builtin libraries, Wine is not
advanced enough. So all you can do is try to enable your 'native'
(ms) dlls in the ~/.wine/config file - look up Dlloverrides in the
doc)  and hope that you will find a combination that works for
your app (it's trial and error)

Gerard