Whining about Wine

Andreas Mohr aqi46g09cu001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:51:42 CDT 2001

alesclandre <alesclandre at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Well, i did research newsgroup content before asking the question, and i
> would not ask if my problem was solved ! But i
> found no satisfying answer, i do not understand what the problem is, so i
> do not understand the solutions proposed.
You researched it --> good !
You didn´t tell anybody about that fact --> grrr !!
:-)

> I have already checked ld.so.conf, also looked at wine.conf, i guess my
> problem is elsewhere, and i did not understand anything about the
> libc.so.6 file which is not even written in plain language !
> So if somebody who has understood the preceding threads could explain what
> is wrong to a novice linux red hat 7.0 user, i would be very thankful !
Hmm, hmm. AFAIR somebody did explain it in plain detail somewhere
(that you should NOT mess with your libc version, and that you should
use a different Wine package instead).
What else do you need for info ?

Well, just uninstall your current wine package and get a "good" one.
You might want to try the Codeweavers Wine preview, for example.
Note that I´m not not affiliated with this company. *g*

> (hey, every time i write something in newsgroups, there is one guy with
> end prefix .de who tells me i have stupid questions ! What is this
> devilish country or organisation ?)
Germany, the country with special expertise in devilish behaviour,
of course ;-\

The way I´m writing followups sometimes probably doesn´t help
too much either... ;-)

Sometimes I´m quite friendly, though.

*sometimes* :-)

Good luck,