inverse text "disappears"

Dan Engel dengel at sourceharvest.com
Tue Apr 10 06:16:48 CDT 2001

Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Run --debugmsg +relay,+text,+string.
> Then check why the text color is wrong.
> Look for [GS]etTextColor calls, and for changes to the hdc (display
> context) setup.
> Check out search.microsoft.com/default.asp for documentation.

Okay, I've traced it into the x11drv stuff.  Basically, the
X11DRV_ExtTextOut function is not drawing the background rectangle for the
selected text because the dc->backgroundMode is TRANSPARENT.  I'd like to
track down why that is the case, but it doesn't seem clear how the program
got into X11DRV_ExtTextOut. . . looks like a CallTo16 thing.

I intend to hammer on it some more when I get a chance; can you point me in
a direction?

Thanks,
-Dan