Pagemaker Problems again (was: Pagemaker 6.5 Problems Wine-Message)

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Apr 12 11:56:29 CDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Björn Berg wrote:

> g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:
>
> I stored my old wine-source and entered the local directory wine-20010326?
> Right, so far?
>
> > patch ---dry-run -p 1 <mypatch.txt
>
> I had to exclude the ---dry-run command, because he cannot handle it.

OOPS, that is spelled --dry-run

> Then I'm asked which file I want to patch.

If it can't tell from the patch file what file to patch, you are in the
wrong directory, or you have used the wrong -p <n> parameter.  Hit break
and regroup.

When Gerard told you to go to the root of your wine source installation,
he meant to change your current directory to be the directory at the
root of the wine source tree, such that an ls would look like this:
[whit at giftie Wine-20010326]$ ls --color=no
ANNOUNCE          config.log      library/             programs/
AUTHORS           config.status*  libtest/             rc/
BUGS              configure*      libwine.so@          relay32/
ChangeLog         configure.in    libwine_tsx11.so@    scheduler/
DEVELOPERS-HINTS  console/        libwine_unicode.so@  server/
LICENSE           controls/       libwine_uuid.a@      tools/
Make.rules        debugger/       loader/              tsx11/
Make.rules.in     dlls/           memory/              unicode/
Makefile          documentation/  misc/                win32/
Makefile.in       files/          miscemu/             windows/
README            graphics/       msdos/               wine*
WARRANTY          if1632/         objects/             winedefault.reg
config.cache      include/        ole/

> I entered wine... Hope that's right?

No.  but it is no harm, because the patch failed.

> Then I got the following message:
>
> File to patch: wine
> patching file wine
> Hunk #6 FAILED at 287.
> 6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file wine.rej
> can't find file to patch at input line 128
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |Index: include/debugtools.h
> |===================================================================
> |RCS file: /home/wine/wine/include/debugtools.h,v
> |retrieving revision 1.13
> |diff -u -r1.13 debugtools.h
> |--- include/debugtools.h        2000/12/22 20:28:19     1.13
> |+++ include/debugtools.h        2001/03/10 16:31:48
> --------------------------

OOPS, that sure looks like a -p0 diff.

try patch -p0 --dry-run < mypatch.txt

> Don't know what went wrong. The patch file you can find on
> http://members.tripod.de/bjoernberg/wine/dt.txt
> Perhaps I copied wrong lines to the document.
>
> Björn
>

> --
> http://www.bbinternet.de

Lawson