Ran IE5 with Wine ...

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Apr 12 21:04:48 CDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, alesclandre wrote:

> I know i am beginning to be off topic but :
>
> how do i make windows recognize the linux partition (which i created using
> DiskDrake, so i guess it is an OK one)

Why would you want it to?  You just want to be sure it keeps its nose
out.  If the partitions are created with any competent fdisk (even msdos
fdisk will do, so I guess DiskDrake should be OK) before you install
windows into one of them, you should be right.  AFAIK it is only if you
change the size of a windows partition after windows is installed that
it will feel free to write all over what it used to own.

> + the defrag method looks dangerous to me : do you mean i defrag the windows
> part from the linux part of the disk ? And the command you suggest looks
> "strong" to me !?

I have done it twice (that is all the dos/windows there were in my
original partition scheme:  128m for windows, 256m for email overflow
for windows, the rest for linux) and I reckon I didn't lose anything I
cared about.  :-)

> For those who wonder, i reinstalled everything :-) But it was a long day of
> work :-( However, my windows part looks like working a lot better now !

Lawson
	  >< Microsoft free environment
This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.
---cut here---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.