Seeing a cd-rom drive under Wine on Corel Linux

Nita kameleon at spam_me_not.g-net.net
Sat Apr 14 09:22:54 CDT 2001

In article <9b9dt3$go7$1 at news5.svr.pol.co.uk>, "James Harris"
<jas at please.send.no.email> wrote:

> Help!! I have tried just about every combination but cannot get my
> cd-rom to be seen to a Windows app. The app requires its CD to be
> present but gives message "There is no CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive.
> Please insert the CD-ROM and click Retry or Cancel" when I try to start
> it. The CD is there and I installed the app from it successfully.

Two thoughts which may or may not apply to your situation.

1)  Double-check the CD for damage.  (Hey, I have kids; it's my first
thought.)

2) If you installed the program from inside windows, from the 'D' drive,
you might need to make sure that your cd-rom drive is listed as drive 'D'
in the wine config.  If your wine config lists the drive as a different
drive letter, the program might not be able to find it.

Nita