directx problems methinks

Michael Pearce chuzwuzza at ematic.com
Sun Apr 15 03:00:07 CDT 2001

Gavriel State wrote:

> Andreas Mohr wrote:
>>
>> Michael Pearce <chuzwuzza at ematic.com> wrote:
>> > err:local:LOCAL_GetBlock not enough space in GDI heap 021f for 1048
>> > bytes fixme:gdi:GetObjectType Magic 113d not implemented
>> Ouch. You're running out of GDI heap.
>> No wonder you've got graphics problems like hell.
>>
>> Try to debug why the program uses so much GDI space.
>
> We've seen a few problems from this where apps were allocating lots
> of DirectX surfaces.  Try the enclosed patch, which I've also
> just sent to Wine-Patches...
>
>  -Gav

i applied that patch
the horrible black flickering has gone, as has all the gdi errors, but the
graphics are still very very slow, and i can see the surfaces being drawn
every frame. as i said before, i cant see any attempt by wine to go into
fullscreen mode.
ive tried using dga and not using dga, but it always just puts it into a
640x480 window at teh top-left of the screen.
and also, the mouse is still not responding to clicks. it moves fine, but
it doesnt click.