Newbie setting up wine: 20001202: o valid DOS drive found, check your configuration file.

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Apr 15 14:23:09 CDT 2001

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Szandor wrote:

> Shalom!
>
> Okay, this is my wine config file, which i have copied out of the wine ini
> and then changed it to suite my computer. Im using SuSE 7.1 Professionell
> and have my fat32 partition mounted on /windows/C (<= capital). Im am using
> Win2000 and this is what wine says:
>

> linux:~ # wine --winver win2000 /windows/F/UO/client.exe
> Warning: no valid DOS drive found, check your configuration file.
> Warning: could not find wine.conf [Drive x] entry for current working
> directory
> /root; starting in windows directory.
> Invalid path 'c:\windows\system' for system directory
> Perhaps you have not properly edited or created your Wine configuration
> file.
> This is either /etc/wine.conf or $HOME/.winerc
>   or it is determined by the -config option or from
>   the WINE_INI environment variable.
> Wine has used /root/.winerc as configuration file.
>
> Fact is, nowhere in the configuration file i have a Windows/system left,
> everything changed to winnt to fit Win2000. Everything is mounted, I am
> root and still this error occurs, although I have tried everything what the
> documentation says...
>
> here's my config

Yes, but what is in /root/.winerc, which is what wine said it used?
Why do people not read error messages?

Put your config file where wine looks for it.
You could always get a more recent wine, put "" around the terms of the
config, put this line at the beginning:

WINE REGISTRY Version 2

and put it in ~/.wine/config instead.  Wine-20001202 must be pretty sour
by now.

> Thanks a lot ;)

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine-20010326, junopine-2.0.2,
Juno 2.0.11, and pine-4.10
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.