Problems with Wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Apr 17 10:05:12 CDT 2001

On 17 Apr 2001, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Tommi Reiter <tommi.reiter at gmx.de> wrote:
> : Hi all,
> : First I have to say that I'm a Newbie and my English isn't well (Germany)
>
> : I've installed Wine 20000909 under RedHat 7.0. And for exampe Serial
> : Keymakers don't work (from astalavista.box.sk)
> : It say's msvcrt.dll is missing. How can I solve this Problem?
>
> : Should I try a newer Linux and the newest Wine? What is the newest Wine?
>
> : CU
> : Tommi
>
> : P.S. Why does some people try to run IE under Linux, when there is Opera
> : 5.02 and Netscape 4.75?????
>
> Go to http://www.winehq.com for more information. 20000909 probably didn't
> contain a builtin msvcrt implementation and a lot has changed since then.
>
> Bye
>
> --
> Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
>
> Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
> --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------

This bit from wine-devel today in case you want to build wine on RH 7.0:

| From jamesjuran at alumni.psu.edu Tue Apr 17 10:47:25 2001
| Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:04:30 -0400
| From: James Juran <jamesjuran at alumni.psu.edu>
| To: wine-devel at winehq.com
| Subject: RH 7.1 gcc fixes compiler bug
|
| As discovered about two weeks ago by Francois Jacques and Ulrich
| Weigand, Red Hat's gcc-2.96-69 package has a bug which shows up in the
| HOOK_CallHook function in windows/hook.c (and possibly other places).
| Red Hat 7.1 contains gcc-2.96-81, which fixes this bug.  Users of Red
| Hat 7.0 should install the gcc and cpp packages from Red Hat 7.1 to fix
| this problem.
|
| --
| James Juran
| jamesjuran at alumni.psu.edu

You can intuit from <wine>/ANNOUNCE where wine is distributed.  Mandrake
puts the wine doco in

/usr/share/doc/wine*

I wouldn't be surprised it RH did something similar.

Lawson

If you don't want my peaches, then don't shake my tree.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.