SuSE 7.1: What Wine package?.

David Charlton davchar at optushome.com.au
Wed Apr 18 08:00:38 CDT 2001

Hi,

> I don´t know what Wine package is the appropiate for using on SuSE 7.1.
> (It runs Glibc 2.2, XFree 4.0.3, ALSA drivers for sound, etc. All required
> packages mentioned on Wine´s web page are installed on my system.

I am currently using SuSE 7.1.  I have had a fair amount of success
using the wine 1 preview from codeweavers (http://www.codeweavers.com).
I have been able to load and run Microsoft Office applications with a
fair degree of success.  Additionally, I have a Windows 95 partition on
which my Windows applications are installed.  Running applications
installed on a Windows 2000 partition did not work well at all.

Regards,
David