Runtime error with winelib and CreateMutex()

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Apr 19 12:23:24 CDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Jerry Thomas wrote:

> Thanks for that.  I've tried using 'winemaker --console' and 'configure',
> and
> running make compiles the source files and then runs winebuild successfully.
>
> But the final step is to produce a .so file (g++ -shared ...), and the only
> executable produced is
> a soft link to /usr/bin/wine.  Is there any way to get it to produce an
> executable?
> Using the --cuiexe flag with winemaker give the same result.

AFAIK, no.  A winelib program is (still) allowed to make direct library
calls for *nix services, but to get windows services I think it needs
the help of the wine executable.  The symbolic link serves as your
executable.  Just run it, and wine will load and run the .so
winelib program for you.  Alternatively, if you don't want the symbolic
link for some reason, you can set the environment variable
WINEPRELOAD=<path to winelib .so> and run wine, so:

[whit at giftie h1]$ ./hello/hello
i = 0
[whit at giftie h1]$ ls -l hello/hello
lrwxrwxrwx   1 whit     uucp           19 Apr 18 21:52 hello/hello -> /usr/local
/bin/wine
[whit at giftie h1]$ rm hello/hello
[whit at giftie h1]$ WINEPRELOAD=./hello/hello.so wine
i = 0
[whit at giftie h1]$ exit

Pardon me while I make up a patch and try whether Alexandre wants that
in man wine.
This letter comes to you by a little winelib program that serves pine as
a sendmail substitute.

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine release 20010418,
junopine-2.0.2, Juno 2.0.11, pine-4.10, and linux-2.4.3.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.