Runtime error with winelib and CreateMutex()

Jerry Thomas jto at consegna.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 09:59:02 CDT 2001

lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Jerry Thomas wrote:
>

> > Thanks for that.  I've tried using 'winemaker --console' and 'configure',
> > and
> > running make compiles the source files and then runs winebuild successfully.
> >
> > But the final step is to produce a .so file (g++ -shared ...), and the only
> > executable produced is
> > a soft link to /usr/bin/wine.  Is there any way to get it to produce an
> > executable?
> > Using the --cuiexe flag with winemaker give the same result.
> >
> AFAIK, no.  A winelib program is (still) allowed to make direct library
> calls for *nix services, but to get windows services I think it needs
> the help of the wine executable.  The symbolic link serves as your
> executable.  Just run it, and wine will load and run the .so
> winelib program for you.  Alternatively, if you don't want the symbolic
> link for some reason, you can set the environment variable
> WINEPRELOAD=<path to winelib .so> and run wine, so:
>
> [whit at giftie h1]$ ./hello/hello
> i = 0
> [whit at giftie h1]$ ls -l hello/hello
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 whit     uucp           19 Apr 18 21:52 hello/hello -> /usr/local
> /bin/wine
> [whit at giftie h1]$ rm hello/hello
> [whit at giftie h1]$ WINEPRELOAD=./hello/hello.so wine
> i = 0
> [whit at giftie h1]$ exit

Tried to run the executable:

1677 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ ls -l WinelibTest
lrwxrwxrwx    1 jto      jto            13 Apr 19 17:37 WinelibTest ->
/usr/bin/wine
1678 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ WinelibTest
Invoking /wine  ...
Wine failed with return code 127

and the shared object:

1679 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ WINEPRELOAD=WinelibTest.so wine
Wine called with no arguments.
Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin  ...

but without success.

Sorry to be so thick, but I must be missing something really simple here.