no networking

Juergen Fiedler juergen at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Apr 20 16:26:05 CDT 2001

Hello,

I am using the latest prepackaged version of wine (apparently
0.0.20010326) under Debian/unstable and I am completely unable to do
anything network related. I tried 'Ping Plotter' as root and TeraTerm Pro
as both root and regular user. I also tried Becky, but that's another
thing entirely. All these applications did not seem to have access to the
network at all. I am using the builtin version of both winsock.dll and
wsock_32.dll. Is there anything I can do to make networking work under
wine?

TIA,