What happened to --desktop geom?

Alex Diaz blah at blah.com
Mon Apr 23 13:41:03 CDT 2001

Hey,

I'd like to apologize in advance if this is an old issue that everyone
already dealt with in some new mechanism...

But I compiled today's CVS for the first time in a few months, and when i
tried to fire up programs/games with --desktop geom 640x480 (or any other
dimensions) I get an "unknown option --desktop" error and the "usage" list
pops up. I read the man page, of course, and was able to see that no longer
do you pass windows command-line arguments in the form of "wine app.exe --
app.exe --somearg" (as you used to) but as "wine -- app.exe --somearg".
Unfortunately, I could find no mentions in the man, documentation, or on
the web about the missing --desktop wine option. In fact, it's still listed
in the Wine documentation on the site:

http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/running.shtml

Below is the output I get when I attempt --desktop geom...

Thanks!

Alex

[root at tesla alexdiaz]# wine --desktop geom 640x480 -- hl.exe
Unknown option '--desktop'

Wine release 20010418

Usage: wine [options] [--] program_name [arguments]
The -- has to be used if you specify arguments (of the program)

   --debugmsg name  Turn debugging-messages on or off
   --dll name       Enable or disable built-in DLLs
   --dosver x.xx    DOS version to imitate (e.g. 6.22)
                    Only valid with --winver win31
   --help,-h        Show this help message
   --managed        Allow the window manager to manage created windows
   --version,-v     Display the Wine version
   --winver         Version to imitate
(win95,nt40,win31,nt2k,win98,nt351,win30,win20)