MSN Messenger

Neil Clements nc004h at
Tue Apr 24 02:02:21 CDT 2001

In article <6E6F6.19294$U4.4286462 at>, "Joel Harris
Borsack" <jborsack at> wrote:

> Appearantly the good folks at Microshaft (soft) have yet to make a linux
> version of this messenger, and know one has made a clone yet, I tried to
> run it on wine but with no success, has anyone out there been able to
> get it to run, or know of a clone?, and if so, were can i get the clone,
> or how can i get it to run?

Both Gaim ( and Jabber can do MSN to the best
of my knowledge.  Gaim uses a plugin architecture though, so you will
have to "Load Plugin" and choose the or whatever it's called.

I've never really tried it, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say
that Gaim works.

-Neil Clements